Friday, May 18, 2018

Sending Get Well Wishes




Yet another rainy day here in VA which doesn't get any gardening accomplished but it does give me a good excuse to retreat into my craft room! I'm playing with The Card Concept Challenge and also with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is to use a stencil.  Since SSS is sponsoring it, I used their Ledger Drops stencil with Ranger Twisted Citron distress ink for the background.  The inspiration photo led me to create a trio of flower pots using WPlus9 stamps and dies.  I wanted the flower pots to have a shiny finish to resemble pottery so cut them from glossy cardstock.  I went with a clean, layered style and was inspired by the pale green BG and variety of floral colors.


Here's what I used...
STAMPS: Fresh Cut Containers (WPlus9), Sending, Hoping, Wishing (WPlus9).
PAPER: White and Black by PTI.
INK: Bumblebee, Sunshine, Parakeet, Lime Green, Iced Aqua, Coral, Magenta - dye inks by Reverse Confetti; Twisted Citron distress ink used with stencil.
DIES: Fresh Cut Containers and Sending, Hoping, Wishing - WPlus9; Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics by MFT.

Quote from 365 Days of Wonder:
MAY 18 - "All we are saying is give peace a chance."               --John Lennon 

2 comments:

Claire said...

Pretty card and I love the pop of black against the beautiful florals x

ankitag612 said...

Beautiful card. I love the way you used the photo for inspiration and the stencilled background with the color green looks lovely! Your placement of the florals on the card is also magnificent! :) Thank you so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita